Pages

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Christmas day at 23th of December


Ola,

And the Big Tuesday come, I woke up very nervous, introspective and fearing the worst, It was not easy to maintain all the positive spirit that I showed in the last days. Though I was not 100% positive, I was calm enough, calm from somebody that is waiting for everything, even if my tumor decided to increase size or something like that....
I could postponed this day forever, Just live in the hope and do not face the reality, if possible it was.

Anyway, I went to the Royal Free early to move out from home, as at home without doing nothing it was driving me mad. Already in the Hospital in the waiting room the feeling of not having anything under my feet increase, Actually I think in that waiting room Oliwka was the only person that did not show any signs of tension, probably already guessing what was coming next. So much I would like to be a baby as well.

At the time, I was called to the appointment, The doctor it was not Dr Fusai but some other from his team , what also upset me in the beginning, First of all she told me that all the doctors discussed my case, Dr, Caplin, Dr Tim Meyer and Dr Fusai and they decided that the best to me would be to do two more cycles of Chemotherapy (6 overall) and after look again. Just like that I was disappointed, but only after when I asked about the results from the scanning I have had last week, essentially the CT scan, the good news arrived. She confirmed that my tumor shrunk 20% so far, what is brilliant news. In that way, as my body is reacting so well to the chemotherapy is worth to do more chemo and in March come to see again the Operator and then go ahead for the operation. Later in the appointment I was glad, as doctor Fusai pop in the room to say hello to us and confirm the great news, Not always the people react so good to the treatment as me, So lets carry on with some more Chemo. Also they mentioned that there is other chances of treatment in the future, It could also happen instead of surgery some radiotherapy, this would be with some injections straight in the target, in the tumor in the Liver. For me does not matter the methodology of treatment or either the time will take us, only matter that the tumor now shrunk :) Finally the doctor ask us to relax and wished us a merry Christmas.

We were so happy with the results, the shadow of a dark Christmas just disappeared and now we just want to enjoy the days, Some kg have been taken from my shoulders. For now lets enjoy.

I would like to send lots of love to everybody and wish peace for everyone in this small World

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ola amigo!Afinal até são boas notícias!Muito bom!Quero desejar-te um bom Natal...e quero também dizer-vos que tenho pena de não o passar aí...enfim...Desejo tranquilidade e energias positivas.
I miss you Justa!!!!

Miriam

Anita said...

Olá Helder,
Muito boas novas! Ficamos felizes!!!
Recebeu as fotos e a receita do bolo?

Desejamos a sua linda familia um natal de muita harmonia e paz e um 2009 repleto de boas surpresas!!!

Beijos

Ana, Romero, Rudy, Tomás, Zaccha & Maria Amelia

Luís Ganhão said...

São Óptimas Notícias Hélder.

Merry Xmas 4 All

LG & Nucha

chora said...

OLA CARAMELO PARABENS PELAS NOTICIAS SAO REALMENTE UMA OPTIMA PRENDA DE NATAL E CONCERTEZA MAIS DESSAS BOAS NOVAS VIRAO UM GRANDE ABRAÇO E BJOKAS AIO PRA FAMILIA E FELIZ NATAL ABRAÇOS

Unknown said...

Olá Helder
Fiquei contente com as boas noticias a bixarada está com ordem de despejo hehehe
Uma vez mais um FELIZ NATAL
JORGE

Rosália said...

OLá Helder

Amigo tem fé e esperança , que dias melhores hão-de chegar. Depois destas boas noticias, força, para a luta com o bicho marafado, tens que o vencer. Vais ganhar a luta.
Desejo um Bom Natal para ti e tb para as tuas lindas, Justin e Olivia.
Beijinhos

Anonymous said...

Olá Hélder. Não me conhece mas tenho acompanhado a sua "saga". "Apanhei" os eu blog no blog da Laurinda Alves. Que alívio as boas notícias!!! Acredite, e receba, de quem não o conhece mas o acompanha (e à sua família) os votos de tudo o que de melhor existe. Um beijo muito especial para sua filhinha tão bonita.
Ana

Anonymous said...

Olá Hélder. Não me conhece mas tenho acompanhado a sua "saga". "Apanhei" os eu blog no blog da Laurinda Alves. Que alívio as boas notícias!!! Acredite, e receba, de quem não o conhece mas o acompanha (e à sua família) os votos de tudo o que de melhor existe. Um beijo muito especial para sua filhinha tão bonita.
Ana